Monday, September 22, 2008

A slice of normal life







So . . . the past two weeks have been full of lots of "normal." No big huge summer activities, but lots of details I don't want to forget. I want to remember what my kids were really doing at different ages, and I know from eight years of experience that the things you think you'll always recall -- well, let's just say that in the rush of life, they get lost more often than I want them to.

The pictures are of:
1.) & 2.) Anya Rashi climbing our playset and sliding down all by herself
3.) My amazing mother-in-law reading to Anya Rashi in the backyard
4.) Our kids playing with our neighbor Jadyn in a homemade porch fort (until their snack resulted in The Great Wasp Invasion of '08)
5.) Our two Spidermen taking on Daddy in a wrestling match
6.) A very chaotic -- but fun! -- dinner with our Indiana pal Jane, and our friend Kathy's kids. There were 6 kids ages 8 and under in our house from 3:30 on . . . yipes! Anya Rashi declined to sit still long enough to be photographed. :o)

A very sincere conversation heard before swimming lessons today:
Aaron: "Is it just me, or does something smell like camel poop?"
Nathan: "I think it's my feet."
'Nuff said!

3 comments:

The Labontes said...

The "normal" parts of life are the best, aren't they?

Those Spiderman outfits look so familiar! We have more of them than I like to admit ;)

Kristy

Amy said...

Haha - the camel thing is too funny! I think it is great to capture all the moments in writing. Your kids are all too cute!

Julie & Patrick said...

Is there such a thing as Normal with 3 kids? I love that all of the fun you've been having falls into that category!

Anya Rashi seems to always be in constant motion...love that...we have one of those too!!

Julie R